When I was younger, I was taught that every lesson was an opportunity in disguise. However, since I have been in Boston, I have found the reverse to be true: every opportunity is a lesson in disguise. Here's a few of the lessons that I've learned thus far:
When it comes right down to it, I can do more than I ever thought I could.
The most important asset that I possess is my amazing support system.
Exploring is fun and should be done as often as possible.
IKEA is an amazing place created by evil geniuses.
If you smile at others people, most of them will smile back (even the cranky ones).
I enjoy not having to deal with the hassle of having a vehicle.
If you close our inner foyer door, it locks automatically, and you will end up sitting on the front porch until one of your roommates comes home and rescues you.
There are escalators designed solely for the use of shopping carts.
Himalayan Fusion restaurants actually exist.
Having the warmest room in the house may be a good thing in the winter, but it stinks in the middle of a heat wave in house without AC.
There still exist places in the world where postmen hand deliver your mail.
All of these are simply the things that I've learned over the past two days. I'm sure that I have many more lessons to learn and I can't wait to discover more!
SAT 7/11 to WED 7/15: The Tall Ships in Boston
1 month ago
IKEA rocks! So jealous. Go get some Russian food, they have tons in Boston.
ReplyDelete