After dinner, we found a delightful dessert place where I indulged in a fruit mousse cake. Leaving my mother to rest at the hotel, I set off to explore London on my own for the first time. I can't even tell you how lovely it was just to wander around Bloomsbury. I read in Russell Square Garden for a while before taking a short walk around the city. Here are some pictures from my great adventure.
Today, I went to the Victoria and Albert Museum. I even had tea and scones in the cafe, just like everyone told me I should. YUMMY!
I understand why this museum is a favorite of so many people. I think it may be my favorite museum so far. Not only is it full of amazing pieces, the museum itself is absolutely gorgeous. My first stop was the theatre exhibit, where I found this copy of the First Folio. Jealous yet?
The rest of the museum was just incredible. I didn't have nearly enough time to properly explore the museum, but two of my favorite galleries were the fashion gallery and the jewelry gallery. INCREDIBLE pieces! Unfortunately, the lighting was less than ideal, so the photos are going to need a lot of work, so photos will be coming later.
However, my favorite moment of the day came when I walked into the Cast Courts. I have never been in a room with so much HUGE stuff in it before. Seriously, there were pieces of cathedrals in this room! Here are a couple of pictures.


After spending the entire day at the V&A, we went off to South Kensington in hopes of dining at Kensington Park. Unfortunately, after a day of sunshine, the rains came for only the second time after we arrived. So, instead, we grabbed a quick bite to eat and then did a bit of shopping before turning in for the night. Off to the Globe tomorrow to experience the magic of the bard with a beard!
However, my favorite moment of the day came when I walked into the Cast Courts. I have never been in a room with so much HUGE stuff in it before. Seriously, there were pieces of cathedrals in this room! Here are a couple of pictures.
After spending the entire day at the V&A, we went off to South Kensington in hopes of dining at Kensington Park. Unfortunately, after a day of sunshine, the rains came for only the second time after we arrived. So, instead, we grabbed a quick bite to eat and then did a bit of shopping before turning in for the night. Off to the Globe tomorrow to experience the magic of the bard with a beard!
No comments:
Post a Comment